What Is the Best Hair Thickener?
Over the years, we witness our bodies changing — sagging, wrinkles, age spots, menopause.
Hopefully, we have come to accept and love our evolving bodies; however, our aging hair may be a different story.
Thinner hair can leave you feeling older than your years. Many women try to fix this problem by pulling out the hairspray or mousse to “pump up the volume,” which may have worked 25 years ago, but your locks have matured. Hairspray and mousse can stiffen and damage your hair, leaving you frustrated and sapping your self-esteem.
It is critical to care for your tresses, maintaining their natural sheen using versatile products that foster pliability and protection. But as your aging hair thins, it can be difficult to strike a balance between fit and full, and in desperation, you may be using a product that is doing more harm than good.
To unearth the best hair thickener for your strands, be aware of the solutions that may be unwittingly triggering your thin hair nightmares.
Steer Clear of These Hair Thickening Solutions
As we age, our hair emerges ever thinner, finer, and flatter. If you are looking to give your locks a pick-me-up, there are plenty of websites professing to tell you the “right” way to do it; but after wading through their claims, you may be left not knowing what to believe.
Some thickening methods may offer temporary fullness, but for others, the long-term effects are not worth the short-term benefits. They often include ingredients that could harm, more than help, your hair.
- Styling mousse (foam) — While mousse formulations have improved since their ‘80s heyday, they still may not be appropriate for your evolving hair biology. If your delicate hair is dry or damaged, using a mousse product with cheap resin or a lot of alcohol can compound your thinning woes. The wrong mousse can dry out your scalp and hair follicles and increase hair loss.
- Hairspray — Dryness is common with aging hair. As you get older, your scalp stops producing sebum, the oil that coats and protects your hair, and keeps it shiny and soft. Harsh hairspray chemicals can exacerbate these challenges, and some contain phthalates that could threaten your health.
- Wax — Waxes are sometimes used to thicken hair. Too much can lead to residue buildup, oiliness, clogged follicles, and strand breakage.
- Hairdryer — The hairdryer is an important weapon used by many women to combat thin-looking hair; however, too much heat can damage cuticles leading to split ends and breakage. Before blasting your mane with high heat, protect it with No Remorse Heat Protection & Taming Spray.
- Hair dye — Applying permanent hair color to your locks can temporarily thicken your strands by expanding the cuticle layer to deposit colors into the shaft. Harsh chemicals like paraphenylenediamine (PPD) can cause allergies or more severe complications. Other chemicals can weaken your hair and remove moisture, making your smooth hair feel coarse.
- Dry shampoo — Occasional dry shampoo applications can add volume, thickness, and texture to your thin hair. Too much use, however, can lead to clogged follicles, hair breakage, or even hair loss.
- Backcombing (teasing) — If you backcomb or tease up your hair, friction is causing your cuticles to lift. As your tresses drop into place, they snag on one another, providing a lifted appearance. Doing this improperly or too often may cause split ends.
Re-Energize Your Do with Lift Me Up Hair Thickener
The best hair thickener is one that boosts your hair and your spirits. One that mists on clear and immediately thickens the appearance of strands, lifting those uncompromising roots, and re-energizing your do.
Better Not Younger’s Lift Me Up Hair Thickener’s featherlight, non-greasy formula gently volumizes, safeguards, and thickens your hair all at the same time using a robust ingredient list replete with:
- Biotin — Biotin is a water-soluble B-vitamin that thickens your hair by building hearty keratin structures within the shaft and reducing scalp inflammation.
- Caffeine — Caffeine applied to your scalp increases blood flow to stimulate follicle function.
- Ceramide-NG — Ceramide-NG is a lipid that protects your hair shafts, repairs damaged hair, and helps with moisture retention.
- Niacinamide — Niacinamide (a B-3 vitamin) underpins follicle function and restores keratin-producing cells while enhancing your scalp's surface structure.
- Wintergreen leaf oil — Wintergreen leaf oil stimulates scalp blood flow, galvanizing your follicles, and encouraging healthy hair.
Equally important to your choice in a healthy and sustainable hair thickener are the ingredients left out. Lift Me Up Hair Thickener is free of:
- Animal products
- Coal tar
- Formaldehyde-releasing agents
- Mineral oils
- Sulfates (sodium lauryl and sodium laureth)
Developed without animal testing and packaged using recyclable materials, Lift Me Up Hair Thickener is an ethically responsible hair care product you can feel great about using.
How to Use Lift Me Up Hair Thickener
To lock in moisture, reduce the appearance of thinning hair, and gain a superior body, follow these steps to using Lift Me Up Hair Thickener:
- Make sure your hair is wet or damp when applying.
- Mist Lift Me Up onto your roots, targeting thinner spots.
- Use a wide-toothed comb to detangle without damaging your hair, and evenly distribute the thickener along your strands from root to tip.
- Style your hair and enjoy thicker, fuller locks.
The Best Hair Thickener Made for Your Hair Biology
In terms of hair, a thin body is not something most women dream about. Becoming thinner on top is an inevitable part of aging, but not one you have to love or live with.
The right hair care products can plump up your thinning hair, breathe new life into your tresses, and boost your self-esteem. Better Not Younger Lift Me Up Hair Thickener — designed for the unique styling challenges of your changing hair biology.
Visit Better Not Younger’s online shop and check out our holistic line of hair care products for healthier looking hair today, and even better hair tomorrow.