How Do You Use Scalp Serum?
It is easy to forget about our scalp until it starts to act out. We take our scalps for granted when they are smooth, clean, and healthy, and the hair that grows from it is thick and lustrous. However, when they start to itch, become sensitive, flake, turn red, shed hair, and produce thinner hairs, we begin to pay attention.
For many women, these issues appear in our 40s or 50s, triggered by our body’s changing physiology. This is when we need to choose a scalp serum that will work with our bodies to reduce the side effects of menopause.
For vibrant, healthy hair at any age, choose Superpower Fortifying Hair & Scalp Serum. Keep reading to learn how to use this scalp serum to achieve denser, fuller hair over time.
What Gives BNY’s Scalp Serum Its Superpower
There are several different types of serums on the market, each designed for a particular use. Using the wrong scalp serum or improperly applying it can make fine hair go flat, cause itchy scalp buildup, give you greasy locks, or leave a sticky residue.
BNY’s Fortifying Hair & Scalp Serum is a non-greasy, fast-absorbing serum that permeates your skin and hair with no surface buildup. It heals and protects your scalp’s skin from dryness and inflammation while nourishing your locks with biotin, folic acid, vitamins, and other ingredients including:
- Niacinamide — Niacinamide is a kind of Vitamin B3 and a popular additive to skincare and cosmetic products. When used on your scalp, it has anti-inflammatory effects and aids your body in producing molecules central to helping your scalp’s skin cells repair damage and function naturally. They also assist your body in absorbing and neutralizing free radicals.
- Kelp extract — Kelp extract is acquired from brown algae from the plant species laminaria. In studies, laminaria has been shown to diminish scalp inflammation and reduce dandruff. Kelp extract contains anti-aging, antioxidant, and moisturizing properties. When added to scalp serum, it hydrates your skin and improves the overall health of your follicles.
- Hydrolyzed wheat protein — Hydrolyzed wheat protein improves and preserves skin moisture and minimizes skin aging. Studies have shown that it increases hair’s overall tensile strength and improves fiber structure down to the roots. Hydrolyzed wheat protein prevents breakage by maintaining hair elasticity while drying. It restores follicle function while making your hair softer to the touch.
- Caffeine and ginger — Caffeine and ginger stimulate your scalp’s blood flow and energize your follicles, promoting a fuller, healthy head of hair. By properly massaging scalp serum directly into your skin, you aid blood circulation and elevate nutrient delivery straight to your hair roots.
- Ceramide-NG — Ceramides are located naturally in the upper layer of your scalp’s skin and play a vital role in having a healthy skin barrier and maintaining dermal hydration. Ceramide-NG also helps your fibers retain moisture and eliminates frizz.
How to Use BNY’s Superpower Scalp Serum
Your scalp has increased difficulty maintaining nutrients as you age, making it a challenge for your skin and hair to repair itself. BNY’s Superpower Fortifying Hair & Scalp Serum massaged at your hair’s roots can revitalize your follicles and support healthy hair. Feel confident using this natural formula every night by:
Applying the Serum to Your Part Using the Provided Applicator
Use Superpower Fortifying Serum as part of your nighttime beauty ritual. Charge the included dropper with 0.5 ccs of serum and separate your hair at the scalp. The long dropper simplifies the serum application process.
Place a single drop at a time along your part, directly on your scalp. Keep parting your hair as you work around your head. Leave about one or two inches between drops.
Massaging Serum Into Your Scalp
When you have finished applying the liquid, use your knuckles or fingertips to massage the serum gently into your skin. Move from front to back, massaging in circular motions for two to three minutes, then reverse directions.
Maintain the same gentle pressure as you make your way across your scalp.
Applying the Serum Using the New Superpower Liquid Comb Applicator
For an unbeatable method of applying hair and scalp serum, use Better Not Younger’s Superpower Liquid Comb Massaging Serum Applicator. Created to work with all hair textures and types, this massaging applicator distributes BNY’s Hair & Scalp Serum using widely spaced, retractable aluminum ball-tipped dispensers. The Liquid Comb Massaging Serum Applicator heightens scalp microcirculation while dispersing the serum right to your roots.
Remove the top cover and add BNY’s Superpower Fortifying Hair & Scalp Serum to the filling aperture and then close the cover. Gently press the comb teeth to your scalp and slide it evenly across your scalp to distribute the serum while enjoying a powerful massage.
Leaving the Serum on Overnight
Since BNY's Hair & Scalp Serum is fast-absorbing and lightweight, you do not have to rinse it out. It will not buildup or leave a residue, and it works best with continued daily use.
A Noticeably Healthier Scalp and Thicker Hair in About 3 to 4 Weeks
Though it will depend on your hair’s condition, you will experience a noticeably healthier scalp and more substantial roots in about three to four weeks. The actual time it takes will depend on your scalp’s current condition; though, with nightly use, you will see your hair become healthier, thicker, and easier to style.
Use BNY’s Scalp Serum Every Day for Best Results
Many hair and scalp serum brands use ingredients that may work for some people but do little for others. As your hair and scalp experience the side-effects of menopause, it is crucial to find a product that will work for you.
The wrong hair serum can leave you with inflamed and irritated skin from weeks of product buildup. Breathe new life into your locks and scalp with Better Not Younger’s Superpower Fortifying Scalp & Hair Serum. It is sulfate- and paraben-free and is safe for color- and chemically-treated hair. Visit our Online Shop for more aging hair solutions.