How Often Should I Massage My Scalp With A Serum?
Your hair and scalp go through menopause-related physiological changes similar to the rest of your body. Your hair may undergo decreased elasticity, protein loss and torn cuticle cells. An abundance of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) hormones can attack and destroy your hair follicles.
The list seems like it goes on and on. Yet, many of our hair and scalp challenges stem from a lack of nutrients reaching our follicles. You can alleviate many of these issues by coupling a daily scalp massage with a restorative serum packed with highly nutritious ingredients.
What Is a Scalp Massage?
A scalp massage requires a gentle kneading of your skin and muscles to improve blood circulation and boost follicle function. It requires light pressure and can be performed with a serum. We recommend Better Not Younger’s Superpower Fortifying Hair & Scalp Serum.
A typical scalp massage is done with your fingertips, though using a massager can work as well. Massagers are brush-like devices that stimulate your blood vessels and exfoliate your scalp skin.
When to Do a Scalp Massage?
We recommend that you massage your entire scalp with Better Not Younger's Superpower Fortifying Hair & Scalp Serum every night before bed.
Adding Fortifying Hair & Scalp Serum to your nightly massage will help you achieve fuller, thicker hair after just a few weeks.
Hair & Scalp Serum Ingredients Pair Well with a Massage
Massaging Superpower Fortifying Hair & Scalp Serum into your skin every night for about five minutes opens up blood vessels and tissue, allowing its ingredients to work to their full potential. Superpower Serum contains a robust combination of hair and scalp revitalizing ingredients, including:
- Apigenin — Apigenin is found in nuts, vegetables, chamomile and common fruits, including oranges. It helps promote proteins at the root sheath and support hair health.
- Ceramide-NG — Ceramide NG reinforces your cuticles, sealing in moisture and safeguarding them from weathering and breakage.
- Centella asiatica — Using a serum that contains Centella asiatica along with performing a nightly scalp massage can elevate the microcirculation in your capillaries. This enhances oxygen and nutrient flow to your skin and prepares your follicles to thrive.
Massage Your Scalp Using BNY’s Liquid Comb Serum Applicator
The Superpower Liquid Comb is a massaging device that doubles as a serum applicator. It’s the perfect way to administer the Fortifying Hair & Scalp Serum while massaging your head and simplifying your nightly hair-care routine.
Using Better Not Younger’s Superpower Liquid Comb and Massaging Serum Applicator allows you to massage the serum into your skin, getting closer to your follicles and roots.
- Open the Massaging Liquid Comb by removing the black silicone port cover.
- Use the Fortifying Serum’s dropper to place the liquid into the Massaging Comb’s reservoir (max. 1 fl oz/30ml).
- Secure the silicone cap back into place, pressing it firmly to seal it closed.
- Comb it through your hair, maintaining even pressure on it.
- The comb's "teeth" have smooth, retractable balls that retract with pressure to evenly apply serum over your scalp.
Massage Your Scalp Throughout the Day with Better Not Younger
In addition to your nightly massage using BNY’s Superpower Fortifying serum, you can give yourself scalp massages throughout the day. Begin in the shower with Better Not Younger’s Wake Up Call Volumizing shampoo and conditioner.
Start in either the front or back of your head and slowly work your way across your scalp. Use your fingertips to work the bamboo, hops, burdock root and other potent ingredients into your strands and follicles. You can also use the Superpower Liquid Comb, minus the liquid, to stir up blood flow on your head while watching TV or reading.