What Is the Best Volumizer For Thin Hair?
There are numerous hair care products on the market professing to give our hair added body. Sprays, serums, mousses, gels, shampoos, conditioners — if your hair is thinning, you may be tempted to try them all. But what is the best volumizer for thin hair?
Thinning hair indicates fewer actively growing strands; however, the scope and location of your condition will be different from other women. These details, plus your hair’s texture and desired style, will likely factor into your volumizer choice.
Other women feel that a combination of volumizers will get them closer to the look they want rather than a single product acting independently. Let's take a closer look at the possible cause of your thin hair, volumizers on the market to help you deal with it, and some of the ingredients proven effective to volumize thin hair.
Causes of Thin Hair
Due to genetics, some of us inherit a predisposition for thin hair from our parents. Unless we have embraced our look, finding the best volumizer can feel like a lifetime quest.
For others, thin hair is a byproduct of stress, aging, and other issues. How we manage our thinning mane is contingent on its underlying cause, including:
- Alopecia Areata — Alopecia areata (spot baldness) is a disorder where otherwise healthy women experience bald patches in a few places or all over the body. It can develop at any time in a person’s life, but it is usually not permanent. Medical treatment can typically reactivate dormant hair follicles.
- Pregnancy — Hormones that flood our bodies during pregnancy are responsible for several physiological changes. A prolonged active growth (anagen) phase is one of them. While this means thicker hair during pregnancy, it is temporary. The excess hair is often shed immediately after childbirth.
- Stress — Uncommonly stressful circumstances can trigger telogen effluvium, a scalp disorder marked by hair loss. Stress prompts hair follicles to enter the telogen (resting) phase prematurely, ending hair production until the tension has abated. This type of thinning is reversible if you can remove stressors or employ coping techniques.
- Vitamin deficiencies — An inadequate diet, poor health, or reduced nutrient absorption that occurs with age can lead to vitamin deficiencies. When this happens, your body redirects nourishment away from non-essential processes like hair production, resulting in hair loss and thinning. You can reverse this condition by eating healthy and taking a dietary supplement formulated for aging hair like Better Not Younger’s Significant Other Hair, Skin & Nails Dietary Supplement.
- Androgenetic Alopecia — This condition, also known as female pattern hair loss, is the most common cause of hair loss during and after menopause. It results from hormone fluctuations and has a genetic component — you are more likely to experience thinning hair in your later years if your mother or other female relatives also experienced hair loss.
Better Not Younger Products to Volumize Your Thin Hair
Many women use volumizers to create the appearance of thicker hair. The following Better Not Younger products were formulated for age-related hair thinning. They are not specifically called volumizers; however, they treat the scalp and hair together to give you long-term voluminous tresses.
They address your underlying hair biology and hormone factors that can promote a thinning mane in your 40s, 50s, and beyond. Our haircare solutions plump your strands, lift your roots, and unclog your follicles, clearing the way for new hair growth.
Lift Me Up Hair Thickener — Mist this award-winning spray onto your roots before styling to provide lightweight lift and texture to your strands. Right away, it thickens the look of your strands without weighing them down.
Superpower Fortifying Hair & Scalp Serum — Superpower Fortifying Hair & Scalp Serum nourishes and stimulates your follicles to boost hair production. By yielding healthy hair growth, your thin hair will experience real volume over time.
Wake Up Call Volumizing Shampoo and Wake Up Call Volumizing Conditioner — Wake Up Call Volumizing Shampoo and Wake Up Call Volumizing Conditioner work in tandem to solve the thin hair issues on multiple fronts:
- Galvanizing hair follicles to produce fresh growth.
- Thickening the strands you have.
- Cleanly rinsing away to give you increased lift and bounce.
- Moisturizing and strengthening fibers to minimize the damage that leads to hair loss.
Volumizing Products to Avoid
Because aging hair and scalps are fragile and prone to dryness, we need to be wary of the volumizing products we choose, including:
- Heavy-duty conditioning mousses — Mousse is a foam applied to your hair's roots before styling to add lift. Overusing formulations with heavy-duty conditioners can weigh down and flatten your tresses rather than add volume.
- Gels with high-alcohol concentrations — Hair gel is smoothed onto wet strands and creates a hold when dry. This may work to volumize your locks when used in moderation. However, avoid gels with high alcohol concentrations since alcohol can dry out your hair and scalp.
- Silicone-based hair serums — Silicone-based serum formulas coat your hair and add width to each shaft temporarily. Using them too often can lead to build-up and the need for harsh sulfate clarifying shampoos to wash them away.
Additionally, avoid layering on too many volumizing products at once. With every volumizer you apply, your chances of damaging your locks and producing a heavy, limp look increase.
Better Not Younger Uses the Best Volumizing Ingredients
No matter which volumizer for thin hair you decide to use, some ingredients are healthier than others. Avoid drying substances like isopropyl alcohol and steer clear of harsh sulfates that can inflame your scalp.
Better Not Younger utilizes proven ingredients to volumize your hair and restore your scalp:
- DL-Panthenol — A plant-based compound that thickens and fortifies hair fibers
- Wheat or rice protein — Reinforces damaged hair and provides extra bulk
- Acrylates polymer — Also called polyacrylates. They work by sealing and coating your strands to widen their diameter and generate fullness
- Caffeine — A natural substance that triggers resting follicles to produce new hair and extends the anagen phase of the hair growth cycle
Shop Better Not Younger Volumizers for Thin Hair
Better Not Younger’s hair care products were designed to meet the specific challenges of aging hair. Our line of shampoos, conditioners, styling products, and supplements work holistically to maximize volume and elasticity. Visit our online Shop to view all of our available products.