5 Reasons You Need Hair Redemption in Your Life
It's no secret that we love a leave-in hair mask for moisturizing and repairing dry, damaged tresses! Our best-selling hair mask for dry hair, the Hair Redemption Restorative Butter Masque, stands out because it heals parched strands using a proprietary blend of plant-based nut butters, plus nourishing oils, biotin and caffeine for hair health and manageability.
But don't believe the myth that hydrating hair masks are for dry hair only! Hair mask benefits include so much more: color care, scalp maintenance and strand strengthening, to name a few.
Read on to learn more about the hair mask benefits and essential ingredients in our popular butter masque, plus five reasons why making our Hair Redemption Butter Masque part of your weekly hair-care regimen is one of the best things you can do for your hair!
Hair Mask Benefits by Ingredient
- Argan Oil: Argan oil helps seal moisture into the hair shaft, preventing dryness and damage. We also recommend using a product with argan oil for hair health because it contains phenols, which help activate lazy hair follicles.
- Caffeine: It's not just for your coffee cup! Look for products with caffeine for hair health and scalp stimulation. Increased blood flow to the scalp from the caffeine helps nourish hair follicles and prevent extra hair fall.
- Biotin (B7): Biotin increases the production of keratin (the protein that makes up our hair) and helps increase follicle activity. To boost biotin's hair-strengthening effects, couple your Hair Redemption Restorative Butter Masque with a biotin-rich supplement. We love our daily strawberry-flavored Significant Other Hair, Skin & Nails Supplement + Retinol Boost!
- Macadamia Oil: Using macadamia oil for hair hydration has the added benefit of macadamia's natural antioxidant properties, which can help protect hair from daily wear and tear and environmental damage. Macadamia hair masks also seal moisture into the hair cuticle longer than a standard conditioner!
- Avocado Oil: Avocado oil benefits your hair by locking in moisture and offering a protective layer between your strands and stress from heat styling, friction and the environment. Avocado hair masks also help tame frizz and give tresses a healthy shine!
- Mango Butter: Using mango butter on hair helps lock in hydration and can even help protect your scalp from damaging UV rays. Mango butter is also rich in vitamin C, which is necessary for the production of collagen.
Why We Love Hair Redemption
1. It's an Ultra-Hydrating Leave-In Option
If you're conditioning your hair after each wash and still dealing with dryness, you might benefit from using Hair Redemption as a leave-in hair mask.
Actress Kristin Davis's celebrity stylist used Hair Redemption for this trick on the red carpet recently for the premiere of HBO's Sex and the City Reboot, And Just Like That. Using a rich butter treatment is a great option for smoothing and moisturizing dry strands to give you shiny, camera-ready tresses!
When using a butter mask as a leave-in product, be sure to stick with a dime-sized amount. Target the ends of your hair, working your way up slightly depending on the degree of added hydration your tresses require. (You run the risk of losing volume if you concentrate the product at the root!)
2. It's a Potent Overnight Moisturizing Treatment
Using Hair Redemption as an overnight hair mask is a great way to maximize hydration and get the greatest hair mask benefits. The longer you leave a hair mask on, the longer you allow the moisturizing oils and butters to fully penetrate the hair strand.
Remember that less is more! Excessive moisturizing can unbalance the scalp's biome and cause build-up. Unless you have especially dry tresses, be sure to pass on the in-shower conditioner if you're planning a major hair pampering session or overnight hair mask treatment with a butter masque immediately after!
3. It's a Hair-Saving Travel Essential
When we travel, we usually can't bring our entire skin and hair-care routine along for the ride. And the shampoos and conditioners at hotels often contain harsh ingredients like sulfates and parabens that can damage our hair.
To economize your packing for trips, try bringing a leave-in hair mask like Hair Redemption with you to offset having to stray from your usual hair-care routine. Because it contains hair-nourishing emollients like avocado oil, macadamia oil and mango butter for hair health, Hair Redemption can truly be your hair's saving grace while you're away!
“The deep-conditioning plant-based Hair Redemption Butter Masque is my travel trick for great hair when I’m without my regular shampoo and conditioner," says Dr. Debra Lin, Chief Scientific Officer at Better Not Younger. "I use it on my hair after any hotel shampoo and it just melts into my strands, making them so soft and glossy!”
4. It's a Great Tool for Boosting Hair Health
A lesser-known hair mask benefit is that it supports hair health. Hair Redemption packs a dual punch for those of us wishing for longer, fuller locks.
The argan oil and caffeine help boost follicular activity and stimulate the scalp to support the anagen hair stage. And the plant oils and butters in the mask help strengthen strands and prevent breakage, helping your existing hair appear healthy and voluminous.
5. It's a Protective Treatment Before and After Hair Coloring
We love a vibrant, salon-fresh color, but chemical processing at the salon can damage our hair if we don't take steps to protect it. Butter masks are an excellent option for protecting chemically-treated locks.
Using Hair Redemption as a hydrating occlusive both before and after a color treatment can extend the life of the color, protect the hair shaft and seal the cuticle to lock in moisture. In fact, a study from 2013 showed that using cupuaçu butter and argan oil on hair (both found in Hair Redemption) after coloring actually reduced chemical damage from the dyes!
And here’s an alternate option for blonde hair. If you’re trying out a lighter color at the salon, but worried about how to maintain it, fight brassiness and moisturize your tresses at the same time with our argan oil–infused Silver Lining Purple Butter Masque! It contains D&C Violet 2, an optical color agent that reduces the appearance of yellow tones in hair, while offering the hydrating benefits of avocado and macadamia oil for your hair. And as the name points out, it’s perfect for silver strands, too!
Let Better Not Younger Help You Find Hair Redemption
As we age, our hair loses the body and shine that it had when we were younger. The beauty of a butter mask like Hair Redemption is that it uses natural ingredients to address a host of aging hair concerns: hair thinning, dryness, breakage/brittleness and decreased follicle activity. Let our best-selling Hair Redemption Restorative Butter Masque with our custom butter blend, including avocado oil, benefit your hair and help you find healthy, voluminous tresses at any age!
Tell Us: Have you tried our Hair Redemption Restorative Butter Masque? Share how you use it to keep your hair healthy and moisturized in the comments below!
Like what you read and want more hair-care content delivered directly to your inbox? Sign up to receive our weekly newsletters for the latest hair intel and exclusive promotions for your hair needs!